DA WAVIEST WELCOME'S YOU!!!!!! FREE MAX B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME 2 DA WAVE LIFE BLOG. WE STRIVE TO HELP SOME OF THE ILLEST WHO HAVE YET TO CATCH ON TO MAIN STREAM, TRUST ME WE DROP VIDS FOR SOME OF THE DOPPEST ARTIST OUT WHO JUST NEED TO BE HEARD.

MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW OUR BLOG AND LEAVE COMMENTS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE YOUR WORK FEATURED DM US VIA INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTION . HAVE AN EXTRA WAVY 2019 AND THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT IN ADVANCE !!!!!!
THANK YOU KINDLY,

TwitterWAVE
@JMELGUNNA
@WAVYNICK

InstaWAVE
@GunnaLifestyle
@NicksoWavy


WRITE MAX B IN PRISON:


Charly Wingate
SBI 904278D #INM-641403
P.O. BOX 861 Trenton, N.J 08625


Saturday, December 12, 2009

The-Dream Is Upset At Grammy Nomination Results


R&B hit producer and singer The-Dream is upset that none of his songs received any Grammy nominations this year.



"Are they listening? ... They act like they don't hear nothing."



The-Dream has produced several hits for many artists just this year alone including Beyonce's award-winning song Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It), Rihanna's Hard, and Mariah Carey's Obsessed. Although he received nominations for appearing on other artist's tracks, he didn't get any recognition from any singles from his latest album, Love vs. Money.



"Isn't it funny the best album of 2009 didn't get a nomination for the second year strait," he wrote in a string of tweets. "And this ain't no Kanye sh-- ... and yes I am bitchin," stated The-Dream on his official Twitter page after hearing the Grammy nominees be announced.



"I had to let 'em know it wasn't all to the good. I wasn't just chillin'. The people that follow me, they really care about the movement. Not just me, there's a lot of great people doing great things all the time and they get looked over. That's why I put the thing about Kanye. I'm not on no Kanye, but when you bust your ass and you know you bust your ass and you don't get a look, then you're looking at people funny."



The-Dream predicted that he wouldn't get nominated for his own work but still had faith.



"I was not expecting it, but I was expecting it, if that makes sense," he explained. "It was like, 'Let's see if some bullsh-- happens again.' I didn't get nominated last year for Love Hate. Man, I'm black. I'm paranoid, I already expect bullsh-- anyway. When I see the names nominated, I'm saying, 'Are you saying my name don't belong with the people in this category?' Come on, man. Somebody isn't listening."



The-Dream should have at least been nominated in categories such as Producer Of The Year or Best Contemporary R&B Album.



"I almost forgot the Producer Of The Year. To not be in that category is crazy," Dream added. "Nobody released more titles. It's not even close. It's not even close, dude. We're doing albums over here."



He goes into more detail on his feelings of Grammy Awards. "And it's the Grammys, man. You look at it from a kid's standpoint: When you're growing up, it means so much. Even if it's not about record sales, singles, the Grammys always pull out the best sh--. I don't think that happens now."



"Everybody is saying I should go out and market for it, but I don't wanna use that power of the strength of my building to win something. I should be able to get nominated or be able to win based off the strength of music - if we're talking about the best music. If it's a popularity contest, let's just say it's a popularity contest."



Fortunately for The-Dream, there are people that do recognize his work such as People and Time who both listed Love vs. Money as their top 10 albums of 2009, which he appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with him!!!! he has 2 classics. he makes classic material!!!

    ReplyDelete